French Classes for Children in Brisbane
We are partial toward our customised program for kids. It’s called “Les Petits”, and is targeted at children between the ages of 3 and 10.
When it comes to language, children are like sponges. Now is the time to expose your kids to French. If you wait too long, they’ll slowly become like the rest of us and will really have to work hard to gain new linguistic ground! Between the ripe ages of 3 and 10, children are:
- extremely receptive to new sounds, which quickly become familiar and engrained, and
- uninhibited in learning, allowing them to acquire language easily and passively build confidence.
French Speak’s Method: 3 Keys to Successful Language Acquisition for Kids
At French Speak, we know that children need to be entertained in order for their high language-learning potential to manifest. You can be sure that children will be happy with our playful methodology. We use lots of action chants, songs, stories and games to keep kids engaged.
What happens is that children learn French just as they learned their own language. French lessons for kids are only successful if the children can learn by having fun.
Our activities will delight them and they will want to play again and again. From a linguistic perspective, we’re stimulating the part of their brain that absorbs language structures. This will be observable when later on you gasp at their ability to hold French conversations with other children!
How are Kids grouped into French Classes?
Our 2 specially-designed courses are tailored for specific age groups. Children aged 3 to 5 are grouped into one. The 6 to 10 year olds are grouped into another. This way they will feel comfortable learning French with children of similar ages, and they may grow lasting friendships.
Schedule and Duration of Kids’ French Classes
The program requires children to attend at least one class per week. The class durations are as follows:
- 30 minutes for 3 to 5 year olds
- 45 minutes for 6 to 10 year olds.
Our French lessons for kids are run by native French tutors who can travel to your most convenient location. This includes day care centres, schools, libraries, your home or a teaching studio of your choice.
Cost of Kids Lessons
What do our French lessons for children teach?
|General topics||Seasonal topics|
What French Speak offers your child
- A unique and carefully structured language program that caters to specific age groups.
- An opportunity to develop an enthusiasm for languages.
- Short sessions for children to learn with children of their own age.
- Activities, interactive games, role-plays, puzzles, songs and story-telling to keep learning fun.
- An awareness of France, its geography and its culture.
- Small classes for plenty of individual attention and care.
- Carefully-selected and trained native French-speaking tutors, providing a target accent from Day 1.
- Certificates awarded to each child on completion of the program.
- An experience that will give children the confidence and grounding for successful future learning.
- Guidance for parents to help at home with a Les Petits booklet that contains vocabulary, hints and tips.
Read this and contact us…
If you have any questions or would like further information about our French lessons for kids, please get in touch.
If you run a child care centre and you would like French to be on the curriculum, we would love to hear from you.