Let me teach you 12 endearing French terms we use for our loved ones in France.
Watch the video to see how it is spelled and hear how to pronounce them correctly.
You don’t need all 12 but some will make you smile!
- Mon bébé (Babe, My baby)
- Mon chéri, Ma chérie (My darling)
- Mon loulou (mon loup = my wolf)
- Mon lapin (my rabbit – used for men)
- Mon canard (my duck)
- Ma biche (my deer – used for women)
- Mon chou (my cabbage)
- Mon Coeur (my heart)
- Mon chat, Mon chaton (my cat, my kitten)
- Mon trésor (my treasure)
- Mon ange (my angel)
- Ma puce (my flea)
Here’s how to pronounce them:
Pick your favourite one and tell us below which one it is.
If you’d like to practice your French and you’re watching this before February 22, you can join us here for an Online Conversation Session where you’ll learn and practice how to talk about people and things you love.