Just for fun… I’ve put a list together called ‘Pardon my French!’
These aren’t rude but just familiar expressions.
I don’t like to curse or use rude or vulgar language in either languages I speak but these are in the ‘safe zone’.
Just casual and sometimes familiar…
Once you watch the video, you’ll be able to pick up what you overhear French people say or hear them in French movies.
Remember to adjust your French to whoever you’re speaking to and make sure not to offend anyone… bien sûr!
I comfortably use these with my family and friends BUT I’d never use them with a stranger, a teacher or people I’ve just met.
Here is the list:
- Et toc ! = Serves you right!
- C’est chouette, hein ? = Great, isn’t it?
- Ça a l’air bidon = It seems phoney.
- Il est faux jeton = He’s hypocritical, two-faced
- c’est que du vent = This is just hot air.
- Je rêve ! = I’m dreaming, I must be dreaming!
- J’y crois pas ! = I can’t believe it!
- Fais-moi des vacances ! = Give me a break
- Qu’est-ce que tu racontes? = What are you talking about?
- J’ai la crève = I have a cold.
- J’ai mal au bideI = have a tummy ache.
- J’ai la gueule de bois = I have a hangover
- Tu veux de la flotte? = Do you want water?
- Ça roule. = Alright, Okay
Hope you enjoyed learning these and that the video is helpful for you to know how to pronounce these!