Are you ready to have a blast while learning some key questions and answers to discuss the past week or weekend in French? I sure hope so, because I have a whole bunch of fun activities and tips to share with you.
Let’s start with some basic vocabulary. As you know “weekend” in French is “le week-end”?. Now, that wasn’t too hard so we can practice asking and answering questions about our weekends.
- Comment était ton week-end? (How was your weekend?)
- Mon week-end était génial! J’ai fait du camping avec des amis. (My weekend was great! I went camping with friends.)
See how easy that was? Now, let’s try asking and answering questions about the past week.
- Qu’as-tu fait la semaine dernière? (What did you do last week?)
- La semaine dernière, j’ai travaillé tous les jours et j’ai vu un film le vendredi soir. (Last week, I worked every day and I watched a movie on Friday night.)
Now, let’s make it a bit more fun and add some humor. Here’s a scenario: you’ve had a terrible week at work and you want to let off some steam.
- Comment était ta semaine dernière? (How was your last week?)
- Ma semaine dernière était tellement mauvaise que je pense que je vais demander à mon chef de me donner une semaine de congés! (My last week was so bad that I think I’m going to ask my boss for a week off!)
See how easy it can be to talk about the past week or weekend in French?
I have more suggestions for you in the video:
Talk about your Week or Weekend in French
So, my dear French learners, it’s time to grab a croissant, a café au lait, and start practicing!
Future you will thank you when you get to practice your French next.
We’d love to help you reach your French fluency goal and here’s the link to get in touch.